Thursday, June 7, 2007

My books have arrived!

They are earlier than I thought they would be. Yeah! I want to make the Doctor's Bag in Knit 2 Together so bad I can taste it. It is really quite lovely. I'm also happy to have the Knitter's Almanac. I've never owned a Zimmerman book. The structure of the book is very interesting. The felt book is fun but I don't know how much I will actually get out of it. Some of the items are a little too...funky for me. I have borrowed Stitch and Bitch Nation from the library before so no surprises but there are a few things I will take a closer look at now that I own it. See my previous post for the cabled hat from that book. It was fun and really cute. I'm knitting my SIL a purse for her birthday but I think it will be a cabled bag with a round handle so I'll make it up as I go. I need to get started because I have less than one month to knit it, line it and figure out how to attach the handles.

No comments: